Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Patience

I learn something new or get better at something almost every day. I wouldn't say it's always a conscious effort to do so, but it most certainly happens.  Recently, I've been learning patience and how to trust God's plan and His timing. 
I'll admit to being concerned about God providing team members for our June trip to Uganda.  However, He continues to teach me!  God has provided 6 committed men to travel to Jinja and Pallisa, Uganda!  The story is rather remarkable to me.  As leaders, Jim and I were both becoming increasingly nervous with the pending decision we might have to make to cancel our trip and potentially join the May trip.  We had many people express interest, but no firm committments.  In fact, two people who were about to send in their applications had to back out at the last moment.  Disappointed doesn't begin to express how we were beginning to feel.  Then I got a text from a friend's wife (Pam) asking if she could give out my contact information to someone who expressed interest in the Man Up trip.  She had been discussing our trip with a co-worker and that co-worker thought her husband would be interested.  I think I responded with an, "Absolutely!"  A few days later I received a phone call from Les.  Les was on board from the start, 100%.  That made 4 team members.  I then got a phone call from my friend and Man Up leader Mitch informing me he knew of someone interested in our trip.  That made 5.  Next thing I know, there is another request for an application.  Les's childhood friend, Adam, requested an application.  That made 6. God's plan, God's timing.  My plans and my expectations for timing are inconsequential.  He will provide.  He always has, He always will. 
Please join the Man Up movement in praying for these team members (Steve, Les, Adam, Zac, Jim, and Eric), our ministry partners in Jinja and Pallisa, Uganda, and the people who we will serve in these communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment